Digital forensic is a process of preservation, identification, extraction, and documentation of computer evidence which can be used by the court of law. There are many tools that help you to make this process simple and easy. These applications provide complete reports that can be used for legal procedures.
Following is a handpicked list of Digital Forensic Toolkit, with their popular features, website links. The list contains open source(free) ,commercial(paid) software.
1) ProDiscover Forensic
ProDiscover Forensic is a computer security app that allows you to locate all the data on a computer disk. It can protect evidence and create quality reports for the use of legal procedures. This tool allows you to extract EXIF(Exchangeable Image File Format) information from JPEG files.
- This product supports Windows, Mac, and Linux file systems.
- You can preview and search for suspicious files quickly.
- It creates a copy of the entire suspected disk to keep the original evidence safe.
- This tool helps you to see internet history.
- You can import or export .dd format images.
- It enables you to add comments to evidence of your interest.
- ProDiscover Forensic supports VMware to run a captured image.